|Name:||DAVID WATSON FEEHAN|
TAPESTRY MUSIC LTD
Box 575, Wellington, 6140
|Email:||tapestrymusic @ orcon.net.nz|
|Telephone:||+64 4 385 7311; +64 4 385 8222; Mobile: 027 449 3389|
In New Zealand
• All over New Zealand from Kaitaia in the North Island to Invercargill in the South Island, including:- Royal Variety Concert 1984
- Tauranga Jazz Festival (Fifteen times)
- All ZM/More FM Carol Concerts throughout New Zealand
- Gluepot in Auckland
- Michael Fowler Centre
- Various Nightclubs, Pubs and venues throughout New Zealand
- Xmas In the Park 2000 and 2001
- Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin town halls and nearly every other town hall or major theatre in New Zealand
- Sheraton Hotels, the Regent (Auckland) and Park Royal and Plaza International in Wellington.
- Several National Tours with Rodger Fox Big Band including Frank Sinatra Tribute Tour with ray Woolf and Erna Ferry 2009
• Television appearances include:- Gruntmachine
- Ready to Roll
- Big Band 1983
- The Rodger Fox 10th Anniversary Show
- Royal Variety Concert 1984
- New Zealand Today
- The Michael Fowler Centre Opening
- The Music Awards (GOFTAS)
- The Rock N Roll Show
- Star Search USA 1988
- International Polish Jazz Live Telecast from Gdansk 1981
• Toured extensively with Suzanne Prentice and Midge Marsden.
• Appeared in every National Telethon since its inception and was appointed Musical Director of the 1988 Telethon.
-Australia - Musicians Club and The Basement (Sydney)
- Switzerland – 1980 and 1981 Montreaux Jazz Festival
- France, Singapore
- New York - The Village Vanguard
- Los Angeles – Carmillo’s and The Baked Potato
- Hong Kong – Hilton Hotel
- London – The 100 Club and Ronnie Scotts
- A major tour of Poland in 1981, including Warsaw, Gdansk and Krakow.
- A tour of Canada in 1986 including EXPO, Vancouver, and The Klondike Days, Edmonton.
- A promotion tour of the USA in 1987 to Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago, New York and Los Angeles.
- In 1988 toured Los Angeles, San Diego, appeared on National Television in Gdansk, Poland 1981 and Montreaux, Switzerland in 1980, plus Star Search (USA) 1988 and San Diego Local Television in 1989.
- In 1989 toured San Diego (5 concerts) and came third in a televised major Songwriters Competition.
- In 2007 and 2008 studied in Cuba and also performed at Fenix and with Buena Vista Social Club in Havana, Studied with Chucho Valdes (top Cuban percussionist and band leader.)
- Studied and sung in Italy at the prestigious Tuscany Project (Perugia) plus on same tours in London, Boston, New Orleans and Havana 2005 - 2007
(and have been backed by, on stage with or supported)
• Claudio Rediti, Ray Charles
• Steve Erquagua, Tom Jones
• Ron McLure, Jon Papenbrook
• Mavis Rivers, Renee Geyer
• Suzanne Prentice, Greg Bisonette
• The Sweet, Billy T James
• Average White Band, Mark Williams
• Dave Stahl, Dalvanius Prime
• Johnny Farnham, Gladys Knight
• Michael Houston, Brenda Boykin
• Bill Reichenbach, The Neville Brothers
• Mike Nock, Ricky May
• Bobby Shew, Gordon Brisker
• Garry Grant, Dolly Parton
• Kenny Rogers, Buena Vista Social Club
• Nu Shooz, Steely Dan Horns,
• The Jets, Jordan Reyne
• James Morrison, Brooke Fraser
• South Side Of Bombay, Decoders
• At least 10 Radio Jazz Programmes in New Zealand:
- Unsung Heroes 1985
- Several Singles, many self-penned, including “In the Rain” and “It’s Wrong” with Tapestry (Number 3 in Wellington, New Zealand; Number 1 in Dunedin, New Zealand).
- Junk Mail with Raw Deal
- Give It One More Chance (Solo released in 1987)
• Released an EP with Raw Deal in 1985, and performed vocal tracks on Rodger Fox Big Band albums (including live albums at Montreaux in 1980 and 1981).
• Released “Ballade”, first solo album in 1986 recorded “live” in the studio and containing five originals and five adaptations including “God Bless the Child”, “It Was A Very Good Year”, “Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word” and “Tuxedo Junction”.
• Released “DF” second solo album 1992 containing four originals and four adaptations, including “Work To Do” and “Misty”.
• Released a Gospel Album “Building the Nations” as part of “Body and Soul Music 1992 – 12 original songs”.
• Released “Bronze” 2008/9 third solo album including 6 originals and 8 adaptations, and featuring duets with Emma Davey, Fiona Bee and Nichola King all top NZ singers/tutors.
• Currently working on new album (working title Cuatro) which will feature duets with Giralda Duenas- Viciedo(Cuba), Sean Feehan, Julie Lamb and Blake Feehan(Hong Kong), all to be recorded in Wellington/Hong Kong/Havana plus working on a Jazz Album with Rodger Fox in Wellington.
|MUSICAL INFLUENCES:||Chaka Khan, Al Jarreau, Simply Red, “Motown”, Little Feat, Tower Of Power, AWB, Take 6, Michael McDonald, Rachelle Farrell, Bob Carlisle, Patti Austin, David Foster, DD Bridgewater, Dusty Springfield, Steely Dan.|
|STYLES:||Anything but prefer Rhythm & Blues, Soul, and Jazz Rock/Funk.|
• Vocal Tutor for over 30 years, specialising in all areas of contemporary singing.|
• Vocal Tutor at Whitireia Community Polytechnic from 1990- 1997, Porirua New Zealand
• Professional Studies and Vocal Tutor at Massey University Conservatorium of Music, Wellington, New Zealand 1997 - 2006
• Conducts regular Vocal Clinics at Jazz Festivals, Churches and Institutions throughout New Zealand, guest tutor at Tuscany Project held in Nelson 2011.
Copyright © David Feehan, All Rights Reserved